Starting December 1, 2020 the preferred method for funding your account will be through 2 "cash-based" solutions, Wire Transfer or ACH deposit. Credit card payments will still be available and will now include a 3.75% service fee at the time of the transaction.
What You Need to Know
- Plan ahead - Wire transfer or ACH payments can take 24-72 hours to be sent by your financial institution and be received by Ytel.
- Plan ahead - Calculate your anticipated monthly spend, and then add 10-20% as a safety net to avoiding any service interruptions due to unavailable funds.
- Setup auto-recharge with your credit card as an added layer of funding. Learn more with this article.
To fund via Wire Transfer or ACH Deposits please follow these simple 5 steps:
1) Contact Ytel Customer Service and request Wire Transfer / ACH Payment assistance. We will create a trackable service case and send to you via email. You will respond in Step 3. You can contact us through live chat or by calling 800-382-4913.
2) Work with your financial institution to complete the Wire Transfer / ACH Payment and send the funds to Ytel. The necessary information can be found below and will be included in the email referenced in Step 1.
3) Reply to the service case you received in Step 1 and provide Ytel with the required information - a copy of the receipt and your AccountSID. Your AccountSID can be found on your Dashboard. You must include a copy of the receipt and your AccountSID or the funding of your account may be delayed. Preferred format is a PDF file.
4) Upon receiving your response, and after Ytel has verified receipt of funds with our financial institution, the funds will be applied to the account.
5) Ytel will update the service case with confirmation of applied funds and will close the case at that time. No further response or action from you is required.
Information Your Financial Institution Will Require:
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
Wire Transfer / ACH Routing Transit Number (RTN/ABA):
International SWIFT Code:
333 W. Santa Clara St.
San Jose, CA 95113
Please note, Ytel does not charge a fee to receive ACH Deposits or Wire Transfers. Your financial institution may assess their own fees, for which you are responsible. Any fees passed through to Ytel will be deducted from your funding and you will receive the net difference.