This article discusses advanced troubleshooting steps with Webphone. Prior to utilizing this article, please first ensure you have read and followed the instructions on this article: https://intercom.help/Ytel_Help/en/articles/2958842-troubleshooting-web-phone
The first step is to clear all instances of web phone from the browser settings - follow the steps for your particular browser.
Hamburger Button>Settings>Advanced Settings>Privacy and Security>Site Settings>Microphone
From here, remove all webphone instances.
Hamburger Button>Options>Privacy and Security>Microphone
From here, click the "Remove All Websites" button.
Once you have completed the above, the next step is to clear the browsers cache. Once the cache has been cleared, close the browser and reopen it.
Navigate back to the Ytel agent interface and you should see a new prompt similar to the below - click "Allow"
You should now be connected and able to call out and hear.
If you still having an issue then you may need to A) uninstall and reinstall your web browser software; or B) have your computer reviewed by a professional; or C) have your modem/router reviewed by your ISP.
Important things to know about connecting to Webphone:
- Review the minimum requirements and ensure your system meets those.
- Webphone relies on a stable connection to the internet. A WiFi connection is not considered stable and is not recommended.
- Tethering to your cellphone and using it as your Internet provider is not recommended.
- If you are connected to a public network (such as the local library, local coffee shop, public hotspot, or public WiFi) your web phone may not connect due the provider's internal security policy.
- Make sure your PC has the most current service packs and system updates.
We're here to help - if you need assistance, please contact the Ytel support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can click the live chat button at the bottom right of your screen.