As your business grows, you will need to increase your licenses (or seats as we call them) to have more agents logged in at one time. You will need one license for every agent logged in at one time. In this article, we are going to go over how to add licenses for you system, as well as some best practices.
Step one- First thing you will want to do is log into your Contact Center dashboard and using the dashboard menu on the left of the screen, select Ytel API. You will then want to click on the licenses button:
Step two- Decide if you will be needing Outbound licenses or Closer licenses. Outbound licenses will permit outbound (predictive) dialing and inbound calls. Closer licenses can only be used for manual dialing and inbound calls. Most customers utilize outbound licenses. Next, you will be selecting if you want to add seats or remove seats.
(Keep in mind that if you drop seats, it will not effect the current count and will change on the next billing cycle aka first of the month. Likewise, if you add seats after the first, you will need to pay the prorated amount for the license use for the month)
Step three- Click "Add" to add licenses (exercise caution when doing so, as selecting Add will automatically charge the account). Click "Remove" to remove licenses. Also keep in mind that it may take 5-10 minutes from purchase for licenses to be available for agents to use.
Step four- If you require additional agent logins to use with your newly purchased licenses:
1. Use the dashboard to navigate to Agents > Agents and then,
2. Click the clone button on any existing agent row under the Actions column.
3. The Outbound and Closer windows will display the number of current licenses you own and how many agents are currently logged in utilizing those licenses.
Cloning an agent is how you will create a new agent login. You will need to enter a new agent ID number, create a password for the agent to use, and include their name. Select "Start clone" and your new agent will be created. You can modify the agent login later by clicking the modify button under Actions:
Important things to keep in mind:
- The billing for all contact center licenses automatically occurs on the 1st of every month (ensure you have the appropriate funds in your account before the first to avoid any unnecessary outages of your system).
- If you lower your seat count mid month, it will not go into effect until your next billing cycle. You will still have those seats to use for the remainder of the month.
- If you purchase seats mid-month, you will be prorated your monthly license cost based on the remaining days of the month.
- After you clone the agents go back in to modify the passwords and names of the new users.
We're here to help - if you need assistance, please contact the Ytel support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can click the live chat button at the bottom right of your screen.