Google Chrome Users: Webphone Setup - Effective September 1, 2015
These are the webphone setup instructions for users w/ a Google Chrome Browser on and after September 1st.
1. Using your Google Chrome Browser, navigate to your X5 Agent interface and log in.
2. Once logged in you will be prompted to click "Allow"
3. After you click allow it will take less than 10 seconds for browser to take over your microphone and speaker settings. Once successful you will see a red dot in your browser tab, letting you know Chrome is successfully using your microphone.
NOTE: the Allow and Block will only notify you this first time after you select "Allow". If for some reason you need to reset these settings using google chrome copy the link below, place it in your browser, hit enter, then delete the "webrtc.ytel.com" entry.
4. The New Webphone!
* The green bar next to the phone icon indicates the agent is successfully connected to the system or conference room.
* The Keypad icon expands and contracts the phone keypad
* The mute icon is how you mute the microphone. If the icon is Red your microphone is muted.
***PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE WEBPHONE SETUP***
Google Chrome / Web Phone Update:
Please launch the latest Firefox and go to the navigation panel at the upper-right corner (number 1)
Click on Add-ons (number 2)
Go to "Plugins" section and select "Always Activate"
You will see Zoiper webphone below after you successfully installed
***PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE WEBPHONE SETUP***
Please send your agents to http://webphone.ytel.com using Internet Explorer (Not Firefox or Chrome).
Click on "Install" InstallerWeb.cab add-on
Please launch Firefox and go into your X5 Agent Interface and login.
Click on "Allow Access" in Windows Security Alert
Click on "Allow" for Zoiper 2.08 for Windows
Click on "Allow and Remember" to allow Zoiper 2.08 for Windows
Click on "Connect" for Webphone
You have successfully installed the Webphone!