Technical Requirements for Contact Center
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core i5 or better / Apple M1 or better
Free Space: 20 GB or 10% of main drive
USB Port: 3.0 (at least 1 free)
OS: Windows 10, Mac OS Catalina
Internet Connection: Wired
Note: Using a faster computer will provide a more reliable connection when non-Ytel programs (ie. your CRM or other web applications) use system resources heavily. Underpowered computers can exhibit choppy audio ("jitter"), disconnected calls, and/or unreliable performance. Underpowered computers may also result in a terminated connection and/or Webphone disconnection.
Windows 10 or newer, Mac OS Catalina or newer, or ChromeOS*
Note: Anti-Virus, Firewall, VPN, or other software-based system monitoring utilities may cause unintended performance issues and may need to be adjusted and/or disabled.
*ChromeOS requires the use of a wired USB headset. While Bluetooth headsets are supported on certain Chromebook/Chromebox models, the headsets must work natively and not require 3rd party software/drivers. Ytel recommends a wired USB headset for best performance and does not support Bluetooth headsets. In addition, while Ytel products and services to work on a variety of Chromebook/Chromeboxes, not all makes, models, or manufacturers are supported.
- Ytel does not recommend or support Chromebooks or Chromeboxes.
- Ytel does not recommend or support Microsoft Surface devices.
- Ytel does not recommend or support the use of "thin clients".
Google Chrome is the recommended and preferred browser.
Mozilla Firefox is a supported browser.
Ytel does not provide support for Microsoft Edge browser.
Ytel recommends always using the latest browser version.
Ytel recommends a periodic clean/clear of all cache & cookies.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
We recommend a quality, wired USB headset from such brands as Logitech, Plantronics, Panasonic, or Jabra. We recommend features like: noise cancellation, in-line or on-ear audio controls, and mute functionality.
- Ytel does not recommend or support Bluetooth, wireless, or analog headsets with a "traditional" mini-pin connector.
For optimal performance, a clean, high-speed, commercial grade, wired ethernet network is required.
Ytel recommends enterprise grade telecommunications equipment - we suggest Juniper, Cisco, or Ubiquiti.
- Ytel does not recommend or support network hubs.
- Ytel does not recommend or support wireless networking (Wi-Fi).
- Ytel does not recommend or support unmanaged switches, or managed switches which cost less than $500.
Create firewall rules to open ports to/from Ytel.*
We recommend ports 5060 and 5061 fully open.*
*Note: Users on a residential connection may require advanced configuration from their ISP.
- Allow all traffic from your network to ours (TCP/UDP)
- Allow all traffic from our network to yours (TCP/UDP)
- Allow ICMP requests from our network to yours. (For optimal results, we employ remote non-intrusive diagnostic and monitoring tools that rely on ICMP.)
- 10 Mbps per agent on your network
- Ie. 50 agents = 500 Mbps
- Internet connection must be fully symmetrical (Ie. 500Mbps up/down)
Ytel's web interface and softphone combined will consume approximately 500-1000 Kbps running WebRTC.
The Ytel Contact Center Administrator and Agent interfaces require uninterrupted communication between your workstations and our data centers.
Residential "Work-From-Home" Agents
- 30 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps Up
- Wired Ethernet Connection (Wi-Fi is not supported)
- Wired USB Headset, with microphone
- No other applications or programs utilizing bandwidth (Netflix, Youtube, Spotify, etc.)
- No other applications running which require the use of the microphone (Skype, Zoom, Teams, etc.)
- Ports 5060 and 5061 open on the router/firewall (this may require the ISP to make adjustments to their equipment)
- Verify WebRTC connectivity via webphone.ytel.com. Click "Start" and verify two-way audio.
*Note: Software based anti-virus/monitoring tools (McAfee, Avast, Norton, etc.) may have unintended performance impacts. It is strongly recommended any software based monitoring tools be configured to exclude Ytel, or be disabled if performance becomes impacted.
Internet Service Provider
Ytel operates a redundant network using BGP. Our Asynchronous System number is 53591.
We utilize various providers, including (in no particular order):
- NTT America
- Internap (INAP)
- Level 3
- Public and private peering
If you are unable to establish business services with one of the above named providers, we recommend you select a reputable provider with a direct connection to one of our preferred providers. We recommend against using "consumer grade" Internet providers/equipment.
- Ytel does not recommend or support Wireless (Wi-Fi), Microwave, or Satellite (Ie. StarLink) internet service providers.
- Ytel does not recommend or support use of a "wireless hotspot".
- Ytel does not recommend or support use of a "5g wireless" provider.
- Ytel does not recommend or support use of a public wi-fi (Ie. Starbucks, Airport, Library, etc.)
Ytel's Professional Services and Engineering teams have over 80 years combined experience in telecommunications and are always happy to discuss your specific needs and help develop a custom solution.